1. Be assertive. Stand up for what you believe in, but also respect others. Speak up when something is not right. Be graceful with your words, but do not be afraid to say what is on your mind.
2. Love with all your heart. Keep your heart open to loving deeply. Let people warm your soul and enrich your life. If you get hurt, love again. Be a fearless lover. Trust me. It’s worth it.
3. Appreciate the simple things. Keep freshly cut flowers on the countertop. Enjoy a warm peppermint mocha by the fire on a cold winter day. Take a moment to gaze at a rainbow after the storm, and jump in the rain puddles. Bask in the sunlight. Take candid photos and laugh about them years later. Smell the autumn air. Look at all the beauty around you.
4. Be genuine. Let your true self shine in whatever you do. Wear the clothes that reflect your personality and keep you comfortable. Speak your own language and demonstrate your own mannerisms. Do not mask your identify to please others. You are not someone else’s mold of who he wants you to be.
5. Work hard. Teddy Roosevelt once said, “Far and away, the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” Engage yourself 100% into what you’re doing. The hard work will always pay off, even if it does not always feel like it will.
6. Embrace change. The world is constantly evolving, and change is inevitable. Being open to new opportunities will allow you to grow and flourish. Some changes are risky, and that is ok. They may not always work out, but you live and you learn. Keep growing. Keep learning.
7. Make someone else’s life better. In the poem Success by Ralph Waldo Emerson, he states, “to know one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.” Know the truth in this statement. Let someone know you are there for them unconditionally.
8. Be a great friend to make a great friend. Some of life’s best memories are made with truly wonderful friend─ the kind in which you can pick up right where you left off after miles and time have separated you. Surround yourself with these kind of friends.
9. Laugh a lot. Your mom really loves hearing you giggle. She could listen to it forever.
10. Indulge. Don’t spend your life depriving yourself of chocolate or pizza, or whatever it is that you love. Learn to have balance and moderation in your life.
11. Play. Make forts with all the blankets in the house. Make big splashes during bath time. Run away from Daddy when he tries to give you whisker rubs. Play hide and seek.
12. Rest. Sleep in when you can. Replenish yourself. Charge your battery so you can face the world with gusto. A full tank gives you more energy to be your best self.
13. Tell your loved ones that you love them. Do it every day. The words never get old, and they want to hear them.
14. Pray. Love God with your whole heart and soul. Talk to him every day. Tell him how much you enjoy this life He gave you, and thank him endlessly for it.
15. Be spontaneous. You do not always have to abide by the plan or agenda. Make room for randomness. It keeps life fresh and interesting.